August 5-7, 2019
Wisconsin Public Television
Nurture the Next Generation of Media Makers at Click Teacher Summer Camp!
What is Click Teacher Summer Camp?
Click Teacher Summer Camp is a three-day professional development event where you will learn video production skills and deepen your ability to teach video production in your classroom. Whether you are new to video production or want to freshen up your skills, this camp will l deepen your ability to teach video production in your classroom. You will connect with teachers from around the state who are similarly interested in video production and strengthen relationships for an ongoing community of practice. You’ll learn from from Here & Now Anchor Frederica Freyberg, PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Lab Director Elis Estrada and PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Lab Video Editor Victor Fernandez and Wisconsin Public Television producers, engineers and technicians. Join us at Wisconsin Public Television in August for the first ever Click Teacher Summer Camp!
Who should apply?
Middle and High School teachers passionate about bringing video production into their classroom and nurturing the next generation of media makers.
How do I apply?
You can apply online. There are a limited number of spots available for this program so submit your application as soon as possible.
What is the cost of participation?
This event is sponsored by Friends of Wisconsin Public Television and PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs to reduce participant costs to $50 per person. Registration includes: Three days of hands-on workshop instruction and a catered lunch each day. Participants are responsible for their hotel accommodations and travel expenses, including parking. WPT strives to ensure that our services are available to everyone. Please let us know if this fee is cost-prohibitive.
- Get hands-on experience and support with video, audio and editing production skills.
- Find out how to help your students tell stories with unique, youth perspectives about community issues.
- Work with public media professionals from WPT and PBS NewsHour's Student Reporting Labs.
- Learn how to get buy-in from your principal, school administration and local media.
- Meet your next best friends and colleagues in the field.
- Come away inspired, energized and brimming with ideas for the coming year!
Contact Luisa de Vogel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 263-1232.